Corneal Transplant Market Share, Growth, Competitors Analysis, New Technology, Trends and Forecast 2022 - 2030
Global Corneal Transplant Market - Overview
The Corneal Transplant Market Trends is projected to reach USD 680 million by 2030 at 7.10% CAGR during the forecast period 2022-2030.
The corneal transplant market is growing at a fast rate with the rise in the number of eyesight-related corneal problems globally. The cornea is a vital part of the human eye that is very susceptible to damage by an injury or by a disease. The Corneal damage leads to blurred vision or even complete blindness in some cases.
The global Corneal Transplant Market is growing pervasively over last decade. Factors such as increasing prevalence injuries & diseases related to the eye/ sight that fuel the transplants cases are fuelling the market growth to an extent. Also the risk factors for the blindness & eye sight disorders are creating the demand for the better Corneal Transplants and treatment methods in turn, speed up the market Corneal Transplant Market Share growth.
Global Corneal Transplant Market - Competitive Analysis
The global Corneal Transplant Market Outlook is a fragmented market with a large number of players. Product development strategy has been curtailed by the excellent efficiency and efficacy of drugs. However, the rise of drug resistance has opened doors for new drug development and is an opportunity for a new market leader. The rise of spurious and counterfeit medicines have reduced the total market revenues and at the same time displaced standard drugs off the market.
Global Corneal Transplant Market - Segments
For an easy grasp and enhanced understanding, the report - Global Corneal Transplant Market Insights is segmented in to 4 Key dynamics;
· By Surgery Types: Comprises - Penetrating Keratoplasty, DSAEK (Descemet Stripping Automated Endothelial Keratoplasty), Endothelial Keratoplasty, Corneal Graft, and Corneal Limbal Stem Cell Transplant among others.
· By Indications: Bullous Keratopathy, Fungal Corneal Ulcer, Keratoconus, Corneal Stromal Dystrophies, and Keratitis among others.
· By End Users: Hospitals & Eye clinics among others.
· By Regions: North America, Europe, APAC and Rest of the World.
Global Corneal Transplant Market - Regional Analysis
Globally, Europe is the largest market for the Corneal Transplant. Factors such as the availability of multiple treatment options, prevention strategy as well as rising influence of organ donation programs, coupled with the increased government emphasis on organ donation policies drive the regional growth of the market. Moreover, increasing prevalence of diabetes in the region are providing impetus to the market growth.
While North America region stands as the second-largest market for Corneal Transplant. This growth attributes to the increasing demand for corneal transplant surgery coupled with the growing prevalence of eye diseases, and vision impairment among people in the region drive the regional market growth. Moreover, growing Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, coupled with the age-related eye diseases such as age-related macular degeneration, cataract, diabetic retinopathy, and glaucoma are leading causes of blindness and vision imparity especially in the United States; such factors foster the regional market growth.
On the other hand the developing regions markets particularly Asia Pacific will be the fastest growing market for Corneal Transplant. Risk factors for the eye diseases such as the ever-increasing prevalence of chronic diseases such as diabetes, diabetic retinopathy, and obesity provide impetus to the growth of the regional market. Attributing to the availability of qualitative eye care treatment and skilled medical professionals, India has become one of the international medical tourism destinations across the world. This, in turn fuels the growth of corneal transplant market in India resultantly, fostering the growth of the APAC market.
· March 10, 2018 – All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) announced that the eye bank housed in the AIIMS campus from last 50 years, have conducted around 17,000 corneal transplant surgeries till date. Out of which 1,285 transplants were done in 2017. To commemorate the occasion, the AIIMS had lined up various programmes.
· March 22, 2018 – Researchers at UCL Institute of Ophthalmology in collaboration with Moorfields Eye Hospital London published the study a new genetic cause of corneal dystrophy that they have discovered. The research was funded by the programme – ‘Fight for Sight’.
The major global Corneal Transplant Market Players playing a key role are:
CryoLife, Inc. (U.S.), Exactech, Inc. (U.S.), Köhler GmbH (U.S.), Lifeline Scientific (U.S), LifeCell Corporation (U.S.), Medtronic (U.S.), Organogenesis Inc. (U.S.)
Market Research Future (MRFR) enable customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research & Consulting Services.
Market Research Future (part of Wantstats Research and Media Private Limited),
99 Hudson Street,5Th Floor, New York,
New York 10013